Micrologix via Siemens FieldPG

silva.foxx

Hi people

Our Siemens Field PG has a port-replicator connected to the rear centronics port of the PG to enable us a serial COM port.

Will RS Linx work via 232 cable this com port to a micrologix?

I have a feeling that we need the USB converter from AB.

Thanks in advance

silva.foxx

silva.foxx said:
Hi people

Our Siemens Field PG has a port-replicator connected to the rear centronics port of the PG to enable us a serial COM port.

Will RS Linx work via 232 cable this com port to a micrologix?

I have a feeling that we need the USB converter from AB.

Thanks in advance

silva.foxx
Ok I guess I have to ask the stupid question of the day. Is a Siemens Field PG a laptop?:oops:

If so most Usb to Serial converters will work. You will need the 1761-CBL-PM02 to connect from the Micrologix to the Serial Port

TWControls said:
Ok I guess I have to ask the stupid question of the day. Is a Siemens Field PG a laptop?:oops:

If so most Usb to Serial converters will work. You will need the 1761-CBL-PM02 to connect from the Micrologix to the Serial Port

Yes... the FieldPG is a laptop (I should've stated that for the unknowing amongst us)

I've tried two versions of USB-serial adaptors with no joy.