Expansion modules for S7-300

Gromit

Hello,

How many expansion modules can we attach to CPUs: 312, 313 and 314. For 315 and above I'm sure they are max 8 per rack.

hi gromit

for 312 0 rack

expantion rack for others 3 racks and 8 madules for per racks but
in rack4 max 7 madules

Last edited:
How many electronic modules can I attach to the 312, 313 and 314 PLCs on the main rack. Are they 8?

The 312 cannot support any expansion racks so it is limited to 1 rack.
The 313 and 314 support up to 3 expansion racks for a total of 4 racks.
Each rack can have up to 8 modules. But with the 31xC, you cannot use a module in slot 8 of rack 3 (the fourth rack). I believe there is a current limit on each rack that may limit you to fewer modules depending on the modules you use.

This information is in the catalog. Click on the "Design" icon and scroll down to the "Extension" section.