Control Logix to RIO with A 1771-IFE

Mudman171

OK, Let See where to start .
I have a L55 I am usuing RIO to replace several PLC-2 Processors all is fine I am on the 3rd one now and I have a 1771-IFE analog card. I have setup my messaging to do the BTW and BTR I have all of my tags the correct length I even have each bit named for the actual bit in the cards . Anyway my problem is I see data on some of the channels I thought this is good but after looking deeper,the data seems to be false.I placed a 4-20 simulator on one of the unused channels and nothing.I removed an input the seemed to be giving me data and the data stayed it even fluctuates like an analog reading. I put the simulator on it and adjusted it full scale and no real change.I feel I might be missing something I just know where else to look. I am writing
the exact configuration printed from the old processor before it was removed.I am at a loss. I still have about 5 of these to do and the rest are heavily reliant on analog data. Anyone, Something to help a bit here. Thanks
[email protected]

Best guess, you have your rack/group/slot addressing set incorrectly in the BTW/BTR and you are actually seeing data from one of the other modules, not the one you THINK you're dealing with.

Thanks for the fast response. I looked at last night and did the right clk thing on the message instruction and comm adn browse to the actual module in the RIO group . I am going to keep playing with it .
Keep The Thinking Caps On . I am despreate now but the time is coming

I got it , My problem was that my 20 bit read array and my 37 bit write array were DINTs instead of INTs Problem Solved.
One for the archives. Thanks for the help.