SLC500 analog raw value

xinkehew

What is the analog raw value for SLC500 AI card? according 4-20mA current.
I only know for Siemens PLC, it is 0-27648 refers to 4-20mA, the same for analog input and analog output?
How about SLC500?

the 1746-NI4 is the "plain vanilla" analog input module for the SLC-500 platform ... for a 4 to 20 mA signal, its data range is 3277 to 16384 ... (my distinguished colleague Praveen was only a couple of pennies off) ...

the 1746-NO4I is the "plain vanilla" analog output module for the SLC-500 platform ... for a 4 to 20 mA signal, its data range is 6242 to 31208 ...

other (more advanced) analog modules are configurable to provide additional ranges ... what models are you interested in? ...

you can find more information in the Analog Module User's Manual ... Chapters 2 and 4 are the best places to start looking for the type of information you requested ...

Last edited:
scaling

It depends.

As Ron points out, the analog cards for the SLC platform have the ability to select different data ranges for the same input range. You can have raw data, engineering units (4000 = 4 mA) or scale for PID. Not all cards accept all ranges, though, and so you need the manual and look up the table for the specific card and make sure your configuration is set to give you the data range expected. When configuring a card I'm not used to I have found it makes a great deal of sense to put a simulator on the input cards and a meter on the output cards and verify data at 0%, 50%, and 100% of transmitter range.