RSSQL writing to PLC5

pheel

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how can I write easily from a SQL using RSSQL to a PLC5 ? I just need to transfer 10-15 register from SQL to a N file.

Can RSSQL use RSLinx to write directly to the PLC or I need something else. I read the Rockwell documentation, but it is not clear enough.

Thanks

pheel

RSSQL can do this. I would recommend that you consider FactorySQL from Inductive Automation for this task. It's designed to do this sort of thing quickly in a drag and drop fashon. You can download a free trial to get started and I have no problem helping you get it set up. If you have an OPC Server and SQL database installed the whole process will take under 5 minutes.

thanks for your reply,

FactorySQL seems very easy to use and less pricy than RSSQL. I'll take to my customer about it, he usually prefers Rockwell software because of the local support he can get.

pheel