DL06 and ASCII

XtremeIN

This goes along with the other post I have on here.....

I have a DL06 with a barcode reader connected to Port 2. I have the communication working fine and reading data with out issue. Where I am lost is how to display this information in a "normal" manner. For example V2001 is 3038 which is 08 and V2002 is 2D34 which is -4. How do I display the 08-4 on an HMI.
Thanks,
Micheal

OK, here is what I have found and done. First off, sorry I forgot to mention which HMI that was going to be used. For testing it is/was a EZ Touch (which we all know is VERY simalar to C-MORE). If you use Dynamic Text it can be set up to disply the ASCII string when reading the number value from the Vmem location. But here is the kicker, I tried this and ran the simulator in the Enhanced EZ software. When you put a value in for V2001 the Simulator displays those numbes, but when the PLC and HMI are connected to one another the correct ASCII string is displayed. Hope this helps anyone out there trying this. Thanks for the help and suggestions guys and thanks to AD Tech support, Hector (I think) was a great help.
THANKS,
Micheal