TWIDO to XBT communication

rajsiyer

Friends...

I,ve a problem connecting the MODBUS port on a TWIDO 24DR PLC to an XBTN400(2) using the Z978 cable. the help suggests using the Z9780 cable. I'd like to know what is the difference between the 2 cables. Currently, the PLC can display its variables on the XBT but the alarm pages do not show up. I get error message No.203 Impossible to read dialog tables.

Please someone help me out.

Regards....
Rajsiyer

Fault Cause Remedy
"Cannot read dialog table"
message displayed on
terminal​
(cause)​
The equipment declared for the dialog table does not exist
(REMEDY)

Modify the list of equipment and check the declared addresses
(CAUSE)​
No memory allocation for the dialog table has been declared in the PLC​
(REMEDY)​
Allocate memory space for the dialog table in the PLC (e.g.,%MW100 to %MW125​

chud said:
Fault Cause Remedy
"Cannot read dialog table"
message displayed on
terminal​
(cause)​
The equipment declared for the dialog table does not exist
(REMEDY)

Modify the list of equipment and check the declared addresses
(CAUSE)​
No memory allocation for the dialog table has been declared in the PLC​
(REMEDY)​
Allocate memory space for the dialog table in the PLC (e.g.,%MW100 to %MW125​
Hi Chud
I'm looking to have asolution for nearly the same case
I have a TSX37 PLC telemecaniquie and the communication lost between the master and the others
and all the others are giving dialoge table reading impossible
I replaced he master PLC and the new one didn't respond and not loading the software from the PCMCIA
wiat replies

99 percent of the time it is a cabling or rj45 crimping fault(if the configuration is fine). I learnt this the hard way. If you more then one slave, disconnect all the slaves except the 1st one. Test ur cable with multi-meter and make sure the rj45 plug is properly crimped. If you dont have comms, swap the two wires around (A, B). If you still dont have comms check ur config again and make sure it is the same as what the product manual explains. If your network is longer than +- 1km make sure you have end of line resistors in

controller holding freeze values

beside the controller is blind on the network while the other slaves are not functioning, and giving diagonestic I-O error and ERR, the master PLC holdig a freeze data responding with some atrange outputs, whike it couldn't oading the software again from the extended PCMCIA memory
Note the controllers are Telemecanique TSX-37