S7300 Web server

Gromit

Hello,

I'd like to make an S7300 web server.
Is a CP 343-1 Advanced and an NCM S7 enough for doing the task?
Where can I download NCM S7. May be it comes for free on a CD with the CP 343-1 Advanced module? Right?
Do I need another software, for transffering the site from the PC to the CP module?

Thanks in advance

Hi Gromit.

I think the CP is called CP 343-1 IT for the version with the onboard webserver.
I dont think you need Simatic Net software to configure it.
Go to Siemens support and search for "web server java applet".
There should be an example of accessing the webserver with an application made with java applets.

Hi Jesper,

I can not find the CP 343-1 IT module in the Siemens mall. There are: CP 343-1 Lean, CP 343-1 and CP 343-1 Advanced, but no CP 343-1 IT.
May be IT is the old name, because CP 343-1 Advanced has order number - 6GK7343-1GX21-0XE0, and the IT has number - 6GK7343-1GX20-0XE0.
What do you think? Which one should do the job for less money?

In the "S7-CPs for Industrial Ethernet" manual I found this:
*You can configure the CP 343-1 IT via MPI or LAN/Industrial Ethernet. You require STEP 7 with NCM S7 for Industrial Ethernet (abbreviated to “NCM IE” below) with the following version:*
But I think NCM S7 comes with the Step7 installation. I dont need to pay for it?

Rgrds

Application of a configurable S7 applet for simple plant status visualization

I hope this link works. The Siemens web site is great, it has all kinds of information and samples. The problem is you cant find it. Even if you know what your looking for. I have done many searchs for things then come to here and find links from someone else that did find what I was looking for. Good luck I hope this helps. If you do something like this please post screen shots or at least tell us how it goes.

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=24207239&caller=nl
From the above link
Task:
A plant with a SIMATIC S7 controller is to be monitored via a standard web browser as cost effectively as possible. Only very few variables are of interest here, which can also be requested by several visualization stations simultaneously. Access should be possible from a LAN as well as via a public network (WAN) if necessary.

Solution:
This entry illustrates a simple way of visualizing S7 variables on a web browser using the example of facility monitoring. Using a configurable Java applet, variables can be read from the SIMATIC NET via the IT-CP and be displayed on the screen. This does not require any previous programming skills. All basic S7 variables are simply addressed on the IT-CP in an ASCII-file and provided with attributes such as color, position, labels etc.. The S7 applet then displays the variables in front of any background image, which is also stored in the file system of the ITCP.

Just checked my hardware catalog, and there it is called "CP343-1 Advanced-IT".
I think that in the past only the name "CP343-1 IT" was used. I hope that it is clears it up.

About the quote "You require STEP 7 with NCM S7 for Industrial Ethernet .." I think that they mean to say that for programming via ethernet you need the ethernet drivers. With the latest versions of STEP7 these are allready included. In the past you had to purchase Simatic Softnet for Ethernet separately.

But I think that the quote is wrong to say you need "NCM". NCM is a cutdown version of STEP7 to only setup "PC Stations". So you cannot have STEP7 and NCM installed at the same time.
I hope that didnt add to the confusion.