PLC connecting to oracle

QPex

Hello everybody.. Im new in this PLC thing Im looking for a PLC that can be adapted a barcode scanner, after a readed barcode the PLC should look into an oracle database if its authorized a door will open ... is this possible and what do I need... I really appreciate your help

QPex

If PLC don't need Bar-Code itself, connect reader directly to PC.
PLC-output trigs scanner for reading and scanner send code to RS232C-port of PC when it found or it send 'No Read'.
Use MSComm32.oxc ActiveX control Event property Input len in PC-application.
Use OLE-DB ActiveX controls for Oracle DB-Server connection and
Select-Where some field = BarCode.

Tip! You don't need connections between PLC and PC for that !!!

For door handle use PLC OPC-Server ActiveX write property for permission to open door.

Last edited: