Programming using IEC 61131

testsubject

Hey everyone! Long time since my last post.
<on a side note, school is going great; only 2 more semesters!>

A few months ago, I was tasked to develop a new control system for the company I work for using Panasonic's FP-X (formerly Matushita). I was amazed at what 61131 could do after programming in standard ladder logic for so long. I am really loving Structured Text!

After living with this for 3 months, I think I have a handle on the programming software (FPWin Pro). My biggest problem with the programming language is the scarcity of samples provided by Panasonic. I am really struggling with creating functions and function blocks because the help file and manuals are very weak in this area. There are no forums that I could find that focus on this particular product. Gotta give AD a salute here.

My question is, does anyone here have some sample programs, functions, function blocks, etc., that I could look at to get a better idea of how to structure these? All the functions and function blocks provided are locked in some manner where I am unable to see how they are constructed. I did just order "Programming Industrial Control Systems Using IEC 1131-3" which looked good but that will not be here for a couple of weeks. I realize that this book is almost 10 years old but it looks like it would still be a good reference.

Big wave to elevmike, Stephen, Terry, Ron and Ron, Pierre, Peter, Norm, and any others I missed.

Thanks,

Bob

ndzied1 said:
Bob,

Glad to hear from you!!

Not exctly what you are looking for but you might find this thread interesting:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=12067

Norm,

Thanks for the link. i did do a search on 1131 but it was pretty lengthy and I had not gone through the whole list. Although your example is not exactly what I was looking for, it did give me an idea for enabling booleans. I had not thought of using one boolean to control another one like you described.

I have been doing it this way;

Code:
IF ABool AND BBool THEN
CBool:=TRUE;
ELSE
CBool:=FALSE;
END_IF;

But this way is so much cleaner.

Code:
CBool:=ABool AND BBool;

Thanks for the idea!

Bob