Good profibus diagnosis tool

Miika

Hi guys!

We are considering to purchase a profibus diagnosis tool. So, I'm asking if someone have a cost effective tool to recommend. Main purpose for that tool would be to ensure that everything in profibus is ok in commissioning and to get a document of that. Afterwards the document would be a point of comparison if in bus appear some problems.

The first google hit was that.

That tool is in decent price class, but has anyone something better to recommend. Thanks in advance 👨🏻‍🏫

Werner said:
I use:

http://www.t-h.de/index/english/Products/99427,0

In case you already own a CP5511/CP5512 card from Siemens then there is no additional hardware required. This is a software package only. (With USB key stick)

Sounds great, because I already have a CP5511 card. What is the price approximately?

That xEPI (ETHERNET-PROFIBUS-INTERFACE) also seems interesting. Have you tried it? I was wondering if it is possible to diagnose profibus via ethernet through VPN connection..

Hey

Have U used this ?

We are interested to buy such tool, but we want to be sure that we have a GOOD tool,

Miika said:
Hi guys!

We are considering to purchase a profibus diagnosis tool. So, I'm asking if someone have a cost effective tool to recommend. Main purpose for that tool would be to ensure that everything in profibus is ok in commissioning and to get a document of that. Afterwards the document would be a point of comparison if in bus appear some problems.

The first google hit was that.

That tool is in decent price class, but has anyone something better to recommend. Thanks in advance 👨🏻‍🏫
Thanks,

COMBO

Siemens FB125 and FC125

If it is for an overview on a system then you can also use Siemens “freeware” diagnostic function blocks. Look at the data by step7 or take data up on HMI.

I always use the blocks in my Siemens programs, for service use or for use in HMI. The download includes pictures for Siemens panels.

Link for this:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/387257

Jobbe

Jobbe, did this tool allready prove that it`s good stuff ?

Did it save u in some situation allready ?

just a question

If I remember correct it has cost me around 300 euro's. It has helped me a lot with testen en fault finding. Since I haven't worked with other analyser I can't compare them.

You need to determine for youre selve what kind of functions you need and if the analyser provides them. I'm just saying, this package works for me.

PeterW said:
I've used this (BT200) http://www.hiport.co.uk/Images/SiemensBT200etc.pdf before now.

Quite a good tool and the ability to save the test results. Quite cheap as well at the time.
I had one occasion. BT200 said all tests passed but really network was bad hardwired. Sometimes Profibus data exchange was OK, sometimes nodes invisible. From this time I prefer oscilloscope. You can see signal fronts form and this is fast and simple procedure.

Combo said:
Jobbe, did this tool allready prove that it`s good stuff ?

Did it save u in some situation allready ?

just a question

Several times!

Combined with an oscilloscope this tool will give you all the information you want about your network. But I have to say that it does require some training before you can interpret all the data it gives you.

You can always download a demo from www.procentec.nl if you want to try it out.

Profibus tools

Hi,

I have completed the certified profibus engineer course at manchetser University.

For cable testing, the Siemens BT200 tool is by far the best.

Profitrace software is the best pc diagnostic tool. Currently about ÂŁ750.00 for software and usb connection lead. This will allow you to interrogate any profibus network to check consistency and interrogate telegrams.

Profic Captain is an ideal profibus Engineering software tool allowing plc I/O to be tested without actually running the plc software.

Finally, an Esay Scope will be needed. this will allow you to check your profibus network for reflections.

Regards,
Jason

Thanks for the help for everybody. We maybe end up in profitrace or t-h profiscope or both. Also that siemens function seems interesting. Last today the tool would be helpful with profibus problems, malfunction in et200s power module freezed also a IM module...