to operaghost

Standard A-B policy is 4 hour minimum and travel time if you are outside of some mileage range of an AB office. Think it is 50 or 75 miles.

I'm not going to argue over pricing, but that is the standard terms and conditions AB has used for years.

If a customer told you differently then apparently there are other circumstances of which they have neglected to inform you.

OG

Minimums ?

It's 1:45 AM on the Pacific Coast, and I'm just getting home from teaching my last hour of AC Drives introduction class at a certain local manufacturer. I've been back to the plant four times since 9 AM yesterday, and guess what the customer ordered from us: a four hour minimum. In one-hour segments. Spaced across three shifts.

So I think Operaghost is right on this one. The price of Rockwell field service has zip to do with the price of OEM controllers that don't even come in enclosures, but you're the one who brought it up.

What I like about you, Stephen, is that I know I'll never see these threads as marketing fodder on your site, a'la Paul Jager. If I can handle being depicted as a cartoon piglet by AD.C, I think my skin isn't too thin to talk about the difference between OEM value and end-user value.

Just not tonight. Thank heaven the guys at the frozen pizza factory use SLC-5/04's.

Back
Top Bottom