Vfd ??

porky

From the attachment what would you guys /gals out there consider the nominal RPM & Frequency to be... to program in the VFD.??

I´m puzzled, lol it does not take much though :sick:

Last edited:
The pump is driven by a 2-pole 45kW motor (notice the 2FX200XG-02/F). It should be fed with a 3-phase 400V supply at 62Hz instead of the standard 50Hz.

A very unusual type of motor!

Make sure you set the base frequency to 62Hz and limit the max frequency to 110Hz, both setpoints should be available on any standard VFD. This way, the VFD will only deliver 400V at 62Hz and up, so you have constant power in the permissable range.

If you're planning on using this pump in the US, you also have to take the different line voltage (440V, or is it 460V?) into account. In this case you also have to limit the base voltage to 400V.

This nameplate plainly says that the field weakening point is 101.5hz. Field weakening occurs when the voltage no longer rises at the same rate as frequency.

Clearly then, since the rated voltage is 400v, the voltage should continue rising linearly up to 101.5hz and then hold constant (field weakening) from 101.5hz to 110hz.

The analysis I did and the set points I gave you, porky, over on the motor BBS are the right ones to use.