S7-300 MPI wiring to a TP370A

walrus_51

Can anyone help me with a pin-out and wiring diagram to connect an S7-300 cpu MPI port to a TP370A HMI? Siemens UK are out of stock of ready-mades!

Shell to Shell

Are you sure that's not hermit crabs that do that?

hehehehe.. sorry (my bad sense of humour)

What goes from shell to shell?

Walrus.

The shield of your cable should be tied to the shell of the DB-9 connector at either end. I use the Siemens connector part # 6ES7-972-0BA41-0XA0. It has a built in terminating resistor switch. Inside the shell is a place where the shield gets crimped.

MPI uses the same connectors as Profibus, also the same cable, if you like. As paraffin power stated pins 3 to 3 and 8 to 8.

I have not worked with a TP370, are you sure that you want to use MPI for communications not Profibus DP? Just a thought.

Paul