Can someone tell me why I cannot communicate with another PC port. DirectSoft only sh

piscis

Can someone tell me why I cannot communicate with another PC port. DirectSoft only show Port 1 and 2.

I’m using a Laptop with an RS232-USB converter and need to connect to a 260 on PLC port #1 with my PC on port 4.

Silly question. How do I do this? I’m getting the “Port is not present…..” message on PC port 4 / 5 / and 6.

Why I’m not able to choose on DirectSoft comm. Link the PC port I want to connect to?

Open up the DSLaunch window. Under Utilities, you will see a DS500.ini file. Double click on it. Scroll down until you see the section entitled, "[devasync.dll]". Change the 0s to 1s for the ports you want enabled.

If you are using a DirectSoft version previous to DirectSoft 5, then you will need to go to your C:\Windows folder to find the .ini file. If you have version 4, it will be a DS400.ini file, etc...