Kepware OPC server

Prince

It is the first time I am using the OPC servers. I installed a KepwareEX OPC server and make the drivers licensed to work with Siemens. (I downloaded the software from the site) It is connecting to the PLC very easily reading every tag that I need. When I try the OPC quick client on the same server. But in network I see the computer and can read sharing files or so on but I can not see the OPC server installed. I checked with ni Labview OPC server. I can not see it either I am sure that the network connection is OK. But I don't understand why I can not see the OPC server. I thought may be I am missing a software a driver or just a setting. can anybody help me ?

Prince,

first of all, you must install the Kapeware in the network computer. You don't need the server, just the OPC client. That is for the Kapeware to figure in the OPC lists.
Every OPC have a vendors name, and a string that they write to the registry. (if you install the client, this is done, and you have the OPC on list)

Second, if you can not see the server with the Kapeware client isntalled in the the network computer, you must make the configuration of the DCOM of the server PC (maybe the client also). For that, I don't remember exactly how to do it, but there is a very easy (step by step) manual of how to in the Kapeware site. Look for it.

Thank you very much for your help I fixed the DCOM settings as in Kepware catalog and I saw the OPC Server and OPC quick client Started working.
my new problem is like this I want to connect the NI Labview 8.2 to this OPC server. I checked and there is a DataSocket setting in it which can brows and select different tags on the OPCs. after I fixed the DCOM communication I can see the OPC Server and its tags and I can assign it to different objects. but as I run the software the system does not connect to the server and gives this Error. "Can't connect to OPC server. Registery Access denied" I don't understand this. I thought may be it is because I am not using Active Directory or any name server. Can you help me?
How do you normally assign an OPC tag into a software? Do I need to use OPC quick client? or it is is just a test software?