MicroLogix 1100 MSG to SLC 505

bro08170

I am trying to route I/O info from a ML1100 to Wonderware suitelink through a SLC 505 (because Wonderware forgot the ML1100 has told me they don't support it). I don't have lots of info to transmit, so I am trying to route it to another SLC 505 on the Ethernet Network (and thus, into Wonderware).
I have tried using a MSG read command in the SLC 505 logic, but it isn't reading the data from the ML1100. Any ideas or tricks for this one? (is the MSG command somehow different for the ML1100, even though they both use RSLogix500)?

Did you choose "multi-hop", if not, do so.

Select multihop near the bottom of the MSG instruction, then click on the multihop tab at the top and enter the IP address of the ML1100

Last edited:
Do the Multi-Hop

That worked. I should have followed my intuition- I was going to try it, but I didn't want to be chasing my tail.
Thanks!

The 5/05's support two ethernet protocols, the old CSPv4 which allows it to communicate with the older PLC-5's etc.. and the new EtherNet/IP which is what the ML1100 uses. When you select multihop, you're telling the 5/05 to use the new protocol, if multihop is not selected the 5/05 will use the older protocol.

I would have added this earlier, but I was pressed for time.