Omron NS8 HMI connect to barcode reader

IMSTUCK

Hi, Has anyone connected a barcode reader directly into port B of this HMI (OMRON NS8). I have set this up in the comm settings for port B as it is an option but have no idea which memory location it is stored in. Cant find any help in NS designer help

I was able to connect a Microscan MS-3 Laser to an Omron NSJ8 HMI on port B. The trick is to create an String Input Display functional object in the active screen. In the string display properties select the Keyboard tab and change the input method to "Other Input Method (command button etc..)". In the properties window you can also select the General tab and set the memory location where the input string from the barcode will be stored in the "Address Information" field. You will also likely have to create two command buttons on the same screen one to enter the captured string and one to clear the String Display input. I say likely because it is also possible to do this with a macro, but, is more involved.

For Additional Info Refer To Manual V083 (Sec 3-4-4 & Sec 6-6-6)