Pneumonic mode

I think the word you are looking for is 'mnemonic', not 'pneumonic'. This may help you find additional information if you do a web search.

Conceptualy, I don't think there is a significant difference. Since all mnemonic forms have their own little twists it is hard to compare statement list to anything else. It is its own mnemonic form.

Take a look at this Wikipedia posting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemonic

It talks about mnemonics in general but about assembly mnemonics specifically at the end.

Keith

Its 90% semantics. However in the general usage I am familiar with the term mnemonic mode refers to a mode that lets one enter anywhere from a single instruction to an entire rung or network in a graphical language such as ladder or function block diagram by typing the instructions on the keyboard rather than using symbol drag and drop methods. Statement list would refer to a listing which shows an entire subroutine in mnemonics.

Originally posted by Alaric:

...the term mnemonic mode refers to a mode that lets one enter anywhere from a single instruction to an entire rung or network in a graphical language such as ladder or function block diagram by typing the instructions on the keyboard rather than using symbol drag and drop methods.

Its all in the term usage. What you describe is something I've always refered to as 'command line editing'.

Keith