Good, non expensive HMI/SCADA software

I have had good luck with National Instruments Lookout. Depending on tag count and drivers required you can get it from National Instruments directly or through AutomationDirect.com.

Juan,

Depending on the number of tags you require, there are a couple of inexpensive software products available.

Software Horizons offers an HMI / Scada. An unlimited tag count is $1995. They have what they call a "lite" package where you can get either 64 tags or 16 tags with one driver. The 64 tag package is $495.00. The 16 tag package is $95.00. For more information you can visit their web site and download a free trial version - www.shorizons.com

KEP offers a product called Infilink. There unlimited tag package is $1995. There smallest tag count is 128 for around $1200-$1300. You can obtain additional information at www.kep.com

We have reviewed both packages and both have some nice features.

It will all depend on what you want to do with the software and how many tags you will require...that will determine your cost.

I believe you can also download demos from their web sites.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

Stephen Luft

Juan,

good and non expensive are usually two term that don't mix very well. You could try Citect from http://www.citect.com. It's main advantage is that you can download it, develop your entire project (only testing it for 10 minutes at a time) and then buy the key for the number of tags yoy really need. It has all the features you'll ever want including more than 300 drivers, so it isn't that cheap, but it's very good.

Kind regards and best of luck,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere

Juan
If you can use Omron PLCs, they have a SCADA package that works out very cheaply in the long term. You buy a development package and then when you create a runtime, you only pay a very nominal fee for each one you develop. The tag count is unlimited.
I think it also has an OPC link so if your PLC has an OPC server, you can probably hook it into the package easily.
In Australia, the runtime licence is about $500.00. Probably cheaper in the US because of the exchange rate.
beerchug

There was a SCADA software called Saturn around six months or a year ago which could be downloaded for free. The idea was that you could develop for free and then buy a runtime key when you went live. Anyone know what's up with that?

Try
http://www.citect.com/
You can download the software for free, design your project and then have 10 minutes runtime to have a play. It works with every PLC and IO device you can think. Its 40 odd MB in size but if you look through the site you should be able to email a rep in your area who will send you a copy on cd.

It was recommended to me through this site.