S5 115U Compatible CPUs?

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

I know a 941 may not be compatible software wise due to OB1.

Now my question is....

Is a 943 7UB21 compatible with a 944 7UA21?

ie can i plug the 16 K eprom from the 943 into the 944 and have no problems ??

504bloke said:
Hi

I know a 941 may not be compatible software wise due to OB1.

Now my question is....

Is a 943 7UB21 compatible with a 944 7UA21?

ie can i plug the 16 K eprom from the 943 into the 944 and have no problems ??

Do you mean DB1?

Are you asking if a program on EPROM for a 943 series A will load and run on a 944 series B ?

I seem to recall a 943 has nothing a 944 will not recognize.

Ian

curlyandshemp said:
Do you mean DB1?

Yes i did!

curlyandshemp said:
Are you asking if a program on EPROM for a 943 series A will load and run on a 944 series B ?

I seem to recall a 943 has nothing a 944 will not recognize.

Ian

Yes i was, thanks

Another question..

If i have a 944 with rack and PSU will it run without the IO? or will it fault ?

Reason is i have to set up a new Redlion G3 to replace an obsolete HMI thats connected to a 943 with digital and analogue IO. The machine doesnt stop so i cant be messing around on site. I was going to get a 943 or 944 with rack and psu from ebay and set it up on my desk so the redlion HMI was 99% done before the swop ?

The CPU 115 works also without I/O modules.
If you have not an interface IM305/IM306 you must jumper the contact PEU and a contact M. You can build a small jumper for this.
In new racks were supplied a cup with a jumper inside.
If you don't use this jumper the CPU stay in STOP with system flag PEU active.

Last edited:
504bloke said:
Another question..

If i have a 944 with rack and PSU will it run without the IO? or will it fault ?

Reason is i have to set up a new Redlion G3 to replace an obsolete HMI thats connected to a 943 with digital and analogue IO. The machine doesnt stop so i cant be messing around on site. I was going to get a 943 or 944 with rack and psu from ebay and set it up on my desk so the redlion HMI was 99% done before the swop ?

The program should run without the I/O cards, but I seem to recall that any analog cards must be present as they are PW (peripheral words). If any analogs are being used with FB250 or FB251, just BEU the code for the analogs

Ian

curlyandshemp said:
The program should run without the I/O cards, but I seem to recall that any analog cards must be present as they are PW (peripheral words). If any analogs are being used with FB250 or FB251, just BEU the code for the analogs

Ian

BEU ?

BEU = Block End Unconditionally.

As opposed to BE, which clears all the code after it as its the last instruction of a block. By putting in BEU at the start of a block, the block will be end without running any code (and hence won't crash).

Remove it afterwards and your original code will run as normal.

504bloke said:

Sorry, I assumed that you were verse in Step5

BEU, can be a great debuging tool. If you have a program that is crashing, or doing erratic 'stuff', you can use BEU to isolate where the code is behaving up to. Sort of like the old trace cut technique used on Printed Circuit Boards to isolate a short.
I think I just revealed how old I am.

Ian

Step5 also has the 'program test' facility, this allows you to step through the code one line at a time.

I have used this facility only once, when I had a newly written FB putting the PLC into stop because I had lots of JC's in the code and I never jumped to a BE, the program test facility allowed me to find this 'minor' problem rather quickly. Unfortunately I could only 'test' this FB on a live crane, so the 'quickly' part was very essential.

Paul