S7-222 doesn't respond (I made a mistake setting baud rate to 187k)

[Beer]

Hello!

I made a mistake and set baud rate to 187k (System Block in Microwin Step7), but then I found out that RS232/PPI Multi-Master cable supports only 115k.
After some testing with libnodave library if found out that my PLC doesn't respond any more. (Of course now I can't change baud rate back to 9.6k)

Then I have tried to:
- Search for PLC in Microwin (under communication I have selected "Search all baud rates")
- Set PG/PC Interface --> set baud rate back to 9.6k
- Set DIP switch configuration on cable to 9.6k
- Set parameter baud rate (system block in Microwin) to 9.6k

After a while I tried to communicate with PLC using libnodave.
I set baud rate to 187500 and I could read SMB0 byte. It's too bad since libnodave can't access SMB30 (port0 config). So I quit the idea to write new configuration using libnodave.

When I ran out of ideas I start google-ing. I found a tool (on this forum) that should solve my problem (wipeout.exe).
Yeah. Well it has cleared the settings (and my program), but now PLC is not responding at all.
(I am thinking! If wipeout.exe can communicate, then .... I can too - or another tool from Siemens)

What can I do?

Is there another tool to convince my PLC to wake up again?

Thanks for help
[Beer]

System description:
- S7-222
- S7-200 RS232/PPI Multimaster Cable (with only 2 pin set to 1, all others are 0) --> 9.6k boud rate
- Microwin 4.0.4.16
- WinXP SP2

-------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some listings:

// Version of wipeout.exe
Restore CPU to factory defaults
Version 04/12/99

// Result of running wipeout.exe
Connecting to CPU...OK
Clearing CPU configuration...Complete.
Power cycle the CPU to restore defaults.
Press any key to continue.
Operation complete.

// These are links that helped me out to get where I am now
http://www.automation.siemens.com/WW/forum/en/guests/PostShow.aspx?PostID=901
http://www.sps-forum.de/showthread.php?t=1910
http://www.plctalk.com/qanda/showthread.php?t=6564
http://www.plctalk.com/qanda/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Got damned! I spent almost all day walking up and down my room (and swearing of course).

All day I am trying to make a connection and it didn't work.

I tried again few minutes ago and after few more tries it worked.
But I don't know what have I done?
I know I change this:
- set baud rate to 9.6k (in every windows I can found this property including dip switch on cable)
- Chage the local PLC address to from 0 to 2 and back to 0 (after this change it started to work --> I think)

I just wanted to share this, if anyone come across the same problem!

Bye,
[Beer]

I had the same problem in the past. I changed the baud rate of the cpu224 to 187K and downloaded, then when I tried to access it via a PPI cable, I couldn't find it in communication.

But what i did was simple, I switched it to STOP mode and TADA!! the communication finds it and i downloaded another baud rate (19.2K) and it worked.

Have you tried to check this option when connection to s7-200 PLC with PPI cable. Switch settings on PPI cabled do not affect baud rate if you set it in MicroWin.
PPI.jpg

@AMAZINGAHMED:
It didn't work for me. Neither did power down. I spent about 2 hours trying varius settings. Then about 1 hour searching on google. Nothing seemed to work. Maybe my PLC just needed a rest :D

@tgaljar:
Yes. This was the first thing I checked. :D

However, it works now.

Wipeout.exe helped a lot, that's for sure.

Regards,
[Beer]

Beer,

I have encountered the same problem before, but what I did is, I upload the system block of my S7 222 then I click system block to view the uploaded data, and restore the original setting then download again the data to the plc, then everything was OK.

SET-CSG