Connecting a Micro Logic 1000 to the internet

jpd24

We have a customer that we monitor there tanks that has our product in them.Currently we have to dial up a modem to get information. Is there any way to tie the AB Micro Logic to the internet.

Jpd24,

To connect Micrologix with ethernet network, you can use 1761-NET ENI and something like a hub or switch to ethernet network.
The 1761-NET ENI is a module that convert from RS232(DF-1 protocol)from Micrologix port to ethernet protocol.
Hope this help.

Regards,

Deer

The question is... how do I connect a little pump station to the Internet ? Buy it AOL ?

That's the real challenge. If the plant site is already well equipped with Ethernet and has a secure method for accessing their network from the outside (like VPN) then you're in good shape.

If you have a pump station out in the middle of nowhere, you're in less good shape. Does anybody on the Forum have experience with autodiallers that do SLIP/PPP protocol ?