Any substitute for light triggered Triac from SHARP

drspanda

Hello Every one,

I need the following Opto Triac used as a relay, which gets input from PLC (24VDC) and switches 230VAC,50HZ at output side...Triac is used for fast switching. The details are below:

Type: S202SE2, J6, 8A260VAC, SHARP MAKE.

I am in India and I am trying to buy it but I am not able to get them...

Any alternative idea will help me.

Thanks in Advance.

This is a unique device from Sharp. Nobody else makes one in this type package. The new lead free version of the device is S202SE2F. You will probably need to meet a minimum from Future Electronics.
Future Electronics
Bangalore India
5593102/6/8/9
80559-2995 Fax
www.futureelectronics.com

Digikey doesn't have a minimum. They show zero stock for both devices.

Digi Key
701 Brooks Avenue South
Thief River Falls, Minnesota 56701
(800) 344-4539
(218) 681-6674
(218) 681-3380 Fax
www.digikey.com

S202TA1 should work as a replacement if you can tolerate an internal snubber circuit. This may be a problem if you are concerned about fast switching.

Any idea to substitute this?

Hello Everyone,

I have an application where PLC gives Open/Close 24VDC to a relay (this relay module recieves both open as well as close command) and AC 230V will switched off and on..swithing frequency is less than 100Hz....the below is the scheme:

diagram.JPG

the above is made in germany and this relay consists of Two No. of SHARP make S202SE2 [light triggered triac 8A,250VAC]....I am unable to get this device in INDIA...

So the alternative would be to search in the market...I visited Siemens, ABB and other websites but i couldnot land up with suitable replacement..

Thanking You all.

Can't you replace the device by 2 Solid State Relays? Though they will probably require extra cabinet space. And be aware that some(?) SSR's use 'zero crossing detection', so the output is only activated as of the next supply voltage zero crossing.

drspanda said:
..swithing frequency is less than 100Hz..
This might be tricky, but maybe it's a typo, and it's less than 10Hz?

Sparkz,

Yes I can replace by 2 SSR's...regarding frequency PLC gives pulse which is ON for 0.2sec and OFF for 0.2sec...it then works out for 2.5Hz..

Can u suggest me the SSR?

Thank You,

www.crydom.com

May I suggest model D2410:
switching capacity:10A max, 280Vac max
input control: 5-32Vdc (so anything below 5V will not activate the SSR)

This standard model uses zero crossing.
Worst case scenario: Input = ON -> Output = ON after 10ms max (= 1/2 cycle at 50Hz). If this is unacceptable, you need phase control switching also refered to as 'random turn-on' (so the load will be energized immediately), you have to add suffix -10: D2410-10

You're welcome...