ET200M online

Annie

Hi,
I am using CPU315-2DP with 10 ET200M connected to it.
I can go online on the connector connected on CPU DP port.
But I am not able to do the same on ET200M profibus port.
Is there any way in which I can connected my pc to the profibus connector on the ET200M and check my program than doing it on the CPU side.

Regards
Annie

Hi Annie.

Maybe the problem is that you are using a "PC adapter" and it needs 24V from the PG socket to operate.
The ET200M and other DP slaves normally do not have the 24V in the Profibus socket as there is on the same socket on the 315-2DP.
One solution could be to break out pin 7 (24+) and pin 2 (0v) and supply the necessary 24V on these.
Another solution can be to use a CP5511 or CP5512 card. These do not need the external 24V.

Hi Jesper,
Thanks for your suggestion.I tired giving 24V across pin7 and pin2.
It works.So now I can monitor the program through the ET200M.

Annie

Hi Jesper,

Just wanted to check is it ok to connect pin 7 & 2 to 24V permanently.
I have connected the 24V to the profibus connector at pin 7 & 2.

Regards
Annie

Not sure what damage can happen.
I take it that the connections into the PLC side are broken. The pins are only connected on the PC Adapter side.
Generally you should be careful not to mix voltages from power supplies. If it is the same PSU for everything, the danger should be minimal.