Klockner Moeller PS3 PLCs

nmontev

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have two Tacke 600e Windturbines. The turbines come from the factory with two PS306 plcs and two PS3 plcs connected via Suconet. One of our turbines was struck by lightning and is down. An alarm exists on the HMI, but is so vague we have not been able to clear the alarm. I am trying to connect to the PLC to view the logic generating the alarm, but I have been unable. One turbine is operating, the other is not, I have been unable to communicate to any of the PLC's. We do not have a copy of this logic. Can anyone help me establish communications? I have the following equipment.

PS3-AC PLC's
PS306-AC PLC's
Sucosoft S30_S3 (installed on Windows 98 and 2000)
Sucosoft S30_S316 (installed on Windows 98 and 2000)
ZB4-501-UM1 programming cable
A .p6w exectuable program, but have been unable to loacte the .q6w file.

With all of this I have not been able to even establish communications to any PS3. I have tried 9600, 19200 baud, even, odd, no, parity, 1 and 2 stop bits, Xon Xoff, Hardware, and no flow control. I have tried every combination of com setup on both versions of programming software, and on both operating systems. I have tried using com 1 in the programming software as well as com 2 (The 2000 laptop only has com 2 available, 98 only has com 1). I have tried port 1 and port 2 on the PLC with all of the above configurations. I have been in contact with the tech support from Moeller Direct and still have not established a connection. I am trying to either get a readable copy of the logic, or merely upload the program from a working PS3 into a spare to replace the suspect one. Do you have any help that you could provide? Direction, suggestions, and/or contacts would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Do not remember all the details precisely

If trying to connect by RS232 it will not work, I do not remember all the details but know there was an adapter used; which I believe was RS485 but do not hold me to that.

You cannot connect and upload the program, you must have an existing online copy. It is possible to have a compiled copy of the program that can be transfered to the plc but can not be viewed or edited on/offline.

I have the same problem with a PS3. The right software, the right interface, but NO communications!

There's no activity on the PC serial port. It's as if the software's comm port drivers aren't loaded, or don't work.

Did you get to the bottom of it? Please advise.

It has been about a year now, but there was a menu setting inside of the programming software that required me to select the proper port. Let me know if you have further questions. I can try and dig up my notes.