PG doesn't power off after XP shutdown

Hi all,

After a complete shutdown of windows XP my fieldPG doesn't power-off. The only way to power-off the PG is to hold the power button for 5sec.
Problem is that during start-up Windows will ask for a scandisk, and however I cancel it right away, my Step7 licence is damaged
emotion-12.gif
, so I have to call or mail Siemens Support and wait for another 3 hours.
What have I done allready:
Powersetting - there's no APM available
Registry - PowerdownAfterShutdown: 1
- DisableScandiskOnBoot: 1

I'm all out off idea's, can anyone help me?

thx in advance

HG

HG,

It is possible to set Windows XP so that it does not automatically perform a disk scan upon startup (and after a non-standard shutdown). Set your System Startup and Recovery BOOT.ini program to something like this

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Last edited: