S5 - S7 Conversion

pouch

I have converted an S5 program to S7. I want to use FC100, reading in an analogue value, from the S5-S7 Converting Blocks Library. The problem I have is: I do not understand what value is required for the parameter KNKD.The parameter BG is PIW 160 and the pre conversion S5 Channel/Slot value was 0,3.

Does anybody have any ideas.

Regards

Pouch

Have you tried hitting F1 with the block FC100 highlighted in Siematic Manager ? - this should give some comprehensive help. (I don't have access to S7 at present).

I did do that, it does say the parameter takes a word type but I cannot understand what the value should be.

Regards

pouch.

Hi,

As the original AE460 data type is KY, I would guess that for S7 you would just use a constant word with the values in the appropriate bytes, so for an original KNKD of KY 0,3 the new constant would be W#16#3.

The S7 help isn't very forthcoming about what you do with the channel no. is it? I would assume (dangerous) that with S7 hardware it's always 0?

If it's any help, I have a data sheet for the original AE460 FB31, it's just a bit too big to attach here. If you want a copy PM me an email addres to send it to.

Kevin H