Siemens CP340 with CPU317

njvr

I am using CPU317 and CP340 RS422 mode. I am trying with the sample prog given below. I checked the output in Hperterminal it is nothing. But Tx LED in CP340 is blinking every second. No errors.

AN #breq
NOT
NOT
= #breq //To change the breq

CALL "P_SEND" , "DB_P_SEND"
REQ :=#breq
R :=#bAbReq
LADDR :=256
DB_NO :=10
DBB_NO:=0
LEN :=40
DONE :=#BDone
ERROR :=#bError

njv

I don't see what you are trying to do with the two NOT statements. And, what are the #breq variables? Temps? InOut parameters? What are you getting for #wStatus?

Let's simplify this and eliminate your trigger logic. Here is some code that will set a one shot every two seconds (substitute your own addresses if these are already taken):

AN M100.0
L S5T#2S
SD T100
A T100
= M100.0

CALL "P_SEND" , "DB_P_SEND"
REQ :=M100.0
R :=
LADDR :=256
DB_NO :=10
DBB_NO:=0
LEN :=40
DONE :=#BDone
ERROR :=#bError

Try that. Also, like I said in the other thread, if you have created a string in DB10, the first two bytes will not contain your characters. The rest of the message should still print, but it won't look right. And, have you actually checked DB10 to see if the string contains data?

Which protocol is the card set up for? ASCII?

Thanks for your reply,
Here I am using DWORD in DB10. Thats why I used DBB_NO:=0. I am using 3964R protocol.
I am having only CPU317-2PNDP with CP340 RS422 modules. I dont have any other hardware to connect. The temp variables are declared like breq etc.
Currently I am trying to send some string through CP340 module and a RS422-RS232 convertor is used at PC end to check the string in Hyperterminal.

njvr

If you use AN #breq without first initializing it, you will get wrong results. Let's use an absolute valiable as I described above as a test, and if it prints, we'll go from there. You could also try the ASCII protocol and see if that prints, but that shouldn't matter.

The problem is in RS422-232 convertor. After replacing this converter the program started working correctly.
Thanks for your replies.
njv