SERCOS. Mixing makes

AJZ

Can I use components from different suppliers to setup a servo system using SERCOS? For example, can I use a Allen Bradley 1756-M08SE card with seven Bosch/Rexroth EcoDriveC servo drives and expect it to work fine.

AJZ said:
Can I use components from different suppliers to setup a servo system using SERCOS? For example, can I use a Allen Bradley 1756-M08SE card with seven Bosch/Rexroth EcoDriveC servo drives and expect it to work fine.

I don't think so. I believe all of the Motion commands are AB product specific. Also when you select a drive under the Sercos module, there is no selection for a Generic Module which implies non AB products are not supported.

This is a screen capture from the Sercos module
pamphlet:

Sercos.jpg