AB question (for Ken)

jimtech67

My RSLogix software 7.00.00 allows me to select a 1747-L533E. A 5/03 processor with 32k memory. But my AB distributor say this does not exist.

What is up with this. Is it a future product or something that will never come out ???

We ran into this a couple months ago. We were told they had no plans to make it in the future since most customers who needed the extra memory bought a 5/04 or 5/05.

If you really want to have fun with your distributor, ask him about controllers that show up in the RSLinx Enterprise hardware menus. Evidently the software authors worked from a list of possible hardware part numbers and ID codes. There are 8K 5/05's on that list, and 1747-L20's with Ethernet, and other stuff that is possible only by playing Scrabble with part number codes.

As far as I know, the "1747-L533" is in that category of "possible part numbers but never built" controllers.

Out of curiousity, would you have a use for a 32K SLC-5/03 controller ? Would you want DH485 on it, or would two RS232 ports be better ? Could you use Modbus Master/Slave onboard ?

Those are all discussions that come up when SLC designers drink beer, but those discussions end either with "how many would be sell compared to what we have now" or "hey, we're out of Leinenkugel."

I have a customer that has 9 5/03s with programs that log alot of info. I tried to explain to them that this is not right way to log the info they wanted but they did not want to spring for a SCADA system

I am building another panel for them and wanted more memory just incase (the other 5/03s are getting full they keep asking to log more info). I want to keep everything 5/03s because they stock a spare processor and PV.

I guess they are SOL

Hey Ken, after seeing this module, ive got to wondering; what other crazy modules do they make for the SLC. It always amazes me how many 3rd party modules there are for the slc. Thanks

matt

Most third parties that make things to plug right into a Rockwell controller chassis are part of the "Encompass" partnership marketing program. A few aren't, like Mangiapane.

Dont suppose you have a link to or list of just SLC modules do you? I use about 30 SLC 5/05s a year, and would love to have a list of some of these 3rd party modules. Thanks again.