Has anyone else seen this before? (AB)

mgvol

I had a cusotmer call yesterday; he said he was using a SLC 5/05 w/64K memory, 1747-L553/B. He noticed that his offline program reported over 37K of unused free memory, but while online, it reported just over 4800K of free memory. I spoke to RA tech support and they had never seen it either. While I was on the phone with them, as an experiment, I changed the offline program for a 1747-L553/C that I have here to a 1747-L551/C and tried to download it into my L553/C. It took it and went into RUN! And it adjusted the amount of free memory to the smaller CPU. Talked to customer today, and he discovered that he was using the right size CPU (1747-L553), but he had a different series specified in Controller Properties of his program than what he actually had (Program: L553/B; actually installed: L553/C). He changed his offline image to reflect the L553/C, downloaded and voila, his online and offline free memory numbers now match! Just when I thought I had seen everything now, another customer reported that his MicroLogix1500 PID instruction wasn't updating the PV value. He e-mailed me his program and I found that he was using some wild, out-of-range value in the gain (Kc) term of 1543.0. The weird part is that it gave no PID errors, compiled, downloaded and went int RUN without faulting the CPU! I recreated it on my 5/05 with the same results. Is it just me or wasn't there a time when you couldn't even get the program to compile and download (much less RUN) if the CPU's didn't match exactly or if you entered a whacky PID parameter? Have they broken the RSLogix500 compiler?

Last edited: