Password dilemma!

randylud

I have a SLC 5/03 that a friend of mine wants to copy the program out of to another 5/03. This friend owns the PLC system that has the program in it and the one it is going into. However, the source processor has the program access password protected. When I try to connect to the processor with RSLogix, the password entry box pops up and you can go no further until you enter the proper password. Problem is, the people who own this equipment do not know what the password is. Now, I have been to the AB knowledge base and seen all the remedies that are published on the subject including the one where you fax or mail in a request for password unlock. I am just wondering if there is a way, a back door, that anyone out there knows about that is not necessarily published. I do have to preserve the program so any method that resets to default and clears the program is not going to help me out. I may be up the creek here but thought I would ask this vast pool of knowledge just the same. Thanks!

Discussion of "backdoors" or "bypasses" of passwords is still not something we do in public on the Forum.

If you can't afford or cannot sign the RA unlock request form, call your local RA office and make your case with them.

Point taken Ken, and that is exactly why Allen-Bradley is where they are today. I know what you say is true and I sure would never try and get anything that is not mine to get. This is a case where the owner is trying to get what he paid for, nothing more.

Ken Roach said:
Discussion of "backdoors" or "bypasses" of passwords is still not something we do in public on the Forum.

Why, actually?
Is there any legislation stating it's illegal?
Really interested, not flooding.