Siemens MP270 error msg

Garfield

Hi all, my first post, hope someone can help. I have the error "Storage Card 2 Error" then some more on file size errors etc. I am about 3 hours away from this site, the customer has called in the problem, it has been been working fine for 4 months.
Details are MP270 Touch and S7 300.
Any ideas on how to get the panel to "move on" would be good.

Thanks in advance

Storage card error

Hi

Just a guess ... does it use a PC or CF card ? Try erasing the contents , if its used for logging it may be full of garbage .If its a removeable card try removing it and restart .If there is a removable comms card , you may try switching the MP on without the card and inserting the card once its running( comms and storage doesn't seem related but still).And then it may just have decide to go to 'storage card heaven'

As I said just a guess

Eric

aikona said:
Hi

Just a guess ... does it use a PC or CF card ? Try erasing the contents , if its used for logging it may be full of garbage .If its a removeable card try removing it and restart .If there is a removable comms card , you may try switching the MP on without the card and inserting the card once its running( comms and storage doesn't seem related but still).And then it may just have decide to go to 'storage card heaven'

As I said just a guess

Eric
Thanks Eric, that was exactly the problem. I didn't think it had a CF card but I called the site and when removed, everything was fine.
Funnily enough, the card seems to be ok now, but I will replace it to avoid this problem again.

Thanks for the help.

I received the same error with the additional explanation that the message file I create with archiving "specifies an incorrect file size. Do you want this problem automatically repaired now?"

I made this go away while still keeping the CF disk in the TP270 by going to the Control Panel (on the TP270) and opening the OP icon. I checked the Auto Repair checkbox. This took care of the problem. Maybe it will help you.

Imi'ike said:
I received the same error with the additional explanation that the message file I create with archiving "specifies an incorrect file size. Do you want this problem automatically repaired now?"

We had the same. We were told that when you archive alarms on flash memory card (Especially system messages) this problem can occur. Just before power down the display tries to archive the lost connection message but the displays powers down during writing to the archive. Since we disabled the archiving of system messages we did not have this alarm any more.

I must say that the option automatically repair now slowed the display respons for the first 10 minutes or so. (Repairing in the background?)

We had this message on an TP270 connected to an Adept motion controller with modbus protocol over serial connection. With displays connected to S7 PLC via MPI/Profibus we did not have alarm loggin problems.

Last edited:
Yes; I understood that it is similar to Windows being improperly shutdown on your desktop and the next time you start you get to run a check disk. I did not notice the display response slowing down.

One other note; the "Auto Repair" option/check box appears with loader version 6.0.3. I had one TP with loader version 6.0.1.3 and the "Auto Repair" option did not appear.

Thanks everyone. Next time I'm on that site I will disable logging of system messages, and have a play with the auto repair option.

Must say I'm impressed with the quality and speed of replies.

Cheers, free beers when you're in town