S7314+OP7+OP77B and MPI-NW???

sampsag

Hi,

One our customer is asking if we can put a second operation panel to their "old" machine.
"Old machine" consist S7314 CPU and OP7 connected with MPI-network.
Old machine is programmed with Step7 and protool program is integrated with Step7.

Does anybody know is it possible to put extra OP77B-panel to this MPI-network? Old OP7-panel is still used to control this machine so i just have to put one new panel to this MPI-network.

Op77b is programmed with different program(WinCC flexible) than protool. Is it a problem if protool is integrated with Step7 and try to configure new panel with WinCC flexible???

Does anybody have experince with this kind of system?

Don't know what the 'old' effect has, we have S7400's with up to 17 OP7's on. I do know that the PLC's with more than 16 OP's on had to be a minimum spec S7400.

I would think 2 is fine on a S7300, whatever model, it would be limited by the number of devices you can hang on the MPI, check the model specs.

Thanks PeterW your quick reply.
I think Siemens don´t "do" OP7 anymore. Execept sparepart... So i have to put OP77B to system where is OP7. I´m thinking is this a problem? OP77B is progarmmed with different program than OP7...?

Sorry My bad English..:)

"OP77B is progarmmed with different program than OP7...?"

Winccflex is needed.

From the Siemens website:

SIMATIC OPERATOR PANEL OP77B BACKLIT LC DISPLAY, 4.5" DISPL. W. GRAPHICS CAPABIL MPI-/PROFIBUS-DP INTERFACE UPTO 12 MB, PRINTER/USB INTERFACE, SLOT FOR MMC CARD, FOR CONFIGURATION OF WINCC FLEXIBLE 2004 COMPACT

Winccflex is needed.

From the siemens website:

SIMATIC OPERATOR PANEL OP77B BACKLIT LC DISPLAY, 4.5" DISPL. W. GRAPHICS CAPABIL MPI-/PROFIBUS-DP INTERFACE UPTO 12 MB, PRINTER/USB INTERFACE, SLOT FOR MMC CARD, FOR CONFIGURATION OF WINCC FLEXIBLE 2004 COMPACT

sampsag said:
I think Siemens don´t "do" OP7 anymore.

:) I know, the company I am with has just installed literally 1000's of them on a new installation with more than 22 miles of conveyors and approximatey the same amount of other transporatation systems. Spent 100's of thousands on the developement and installation of these OP's and then half way through the installation Siemens announce thei are being withdrawn!!!!

Someone never did their homework :rolleyes: or Siemens were very naughty o_O

Well, I mean that If you want OP7 you have to pay a lot more money than OP77B. And I think OP77B is better/newer than OP7.

Anyway, if i put second OP7 to this old machine it is easy to do baecause OP7 uses same program, (Protool)
But what happens if i put new OP77B to this old machine, How You do the hardware configuration and where? Step7? protool? wincc?

By the way i have Step7 integrated with protool AND WinCC in my laptop...

sampsag said:
In Finlad Siemens is moved OP7 to Spare part. So it is a LOT more expensive than OP77B...

Is your OP integrated into the S7 project and can the new OP be programmed with protool? if not can the old OP be programmed with wincc.

At the end of the day, its only another address on the MPI, as long as it has its own address and set up to interface to the PLC, I would think the other OP wouldn't be effected.

"Old" OP7 is integrated with S7 project.
New OP77B can´t be programmed with protool. You have to use WinCC flexible.

Old machine cosists:
Step7 program --> 314CPU (newer type with MMC-card)
Protool program --> OP7 integrated with S7 prject

New panel to the exsisting machine:
WinCC program --> OP77B

These all will be conncted to MPI network.

If somebody has done this kind of sytem it would be nice to hear how it works?

Thanks all for your replies

Putting two OP77B is one solution and it is easy to do. Thanks for the idea :)

But i think the customer wants to keep the costs as low as possible...

Re OP7 and WinCC Flexible:
No, WinCC Flexible only supports the latest devices (x77).

Re integration:
You CAN have both OP7 (Protool) and OP77B (WinCC Flex) integrated into STEP7 at the same time. Siemens support says that you cannot, but I have done it on a number of occasions.
You probably cannot WORK with both Protool and WinCC Flex at the same time.
When you install WinCC Flexible, inserting a Simatic HMI in a STEP7 project will show a selection of WinCC Flexible compatible devices. In order to get an OP7 integrated into STEP7, you have to create it in Protool (non-integrated) and then use the "Integrate into STEP7 project" function from within Protool.

Re naughty Siemens:
I think that Siemens has prudently announced for years in advance that the entire x7 range and Protool are being phased out.