OT (kinda):Visual Studio........

Paullys50

Lifetime Supporting Member
At my job we do a lot of VB scripting, being fresh out of college my VB skills aren't that great so I started looking for ways to learn. I came across:

http://www.learnvisualstudio.net/

Given all the info they provide, I'm curious if anyone has forked over any cash to be a subscriber. Considering all the information they seem to provide, $99 for a "lifetime" membership seems pretty cheap considering the knowledge you can gain. I have found the "free" videos from microsoft, and I'm currently I'm watching the SQL series videos. We are starting to get into C# applications, so I play on learning that as time goes on as well. .NET seems to be the wave of the future, just curious who is/has jumped onto the Visual Studio ship?

Hey Paully,
I jumped on the .Net thing a few years ago. I gave it up after a few months. It is not the same as VB. Similar, but so much different that I couldn't get over the hump (learning curve). The SQL functions are good, as are the HTML goodies. The "PRO" version I bought came with a ton of examples and help files, so I didn't spring for the extra $99. Maybe I should have.
Good Luck
BD

I did subscribe to the $99 lifetime. Just the VB portion was worth it to me so I decided to help support the site.

As you have probably noticed they have everything .NET including VB, C#, SQL, etc. etc.

I would recomend it.

Regards,
Chris