LogixPro Door Simulator (Latch & Unlatch)

PAP

I am currently taking a begginers PLC class and our instructor has asked us to do the supplemental program #4 (Door Simulator) on the LogixPro CD this asks the following; If the door is currently opening then pressing the close switch will immediately halt movement and vice versa if the door is closing we must use the latch, unlatch instructions. Doing this instead of getting it to halt the motor just seems to go the other direction as I push the either of the close then open switch or open then close switch could someone please help me with this because my instructor couldn;t.

Suggestion to your door-question

Hi
Sorry for the LATE reply (but I am a beginner myself, so it took some time to get it right)
I do not know much about LogixPro, as I don't have that software, but the solution below works OK in Siemens STEP-7.

I0.1 = Push for Close
I0.2 = Push for Open
I0.3 = Limit-Switch - 'Closed'
I0.4 = Limit Switch - 'Open'
M0.1 = 'One Shot' (one scan only)
M0.3 will 'stay on' after 'one push'
M0.3 will 'stay OFF' after 'next push' - and so on ....
Q1.0 = motor-relay for CLOSING of Door
Q1.1 = motor-relay for OPENING of Door

| I0.1 M0.1 M0.2
|-----| |-----------(P)---------()
| |
| I0.2 |
|-----| |-----
|
|
| M0.2 M0.3 M0.3
|-----|/|-----| |----------------()
| |
| M0.2 M0.3 |
|-----| |-----| |-----
|
|
| M0.2 I0.1 Q1.1 Q1.0
|-----| |-----| |-----|/|--------(S)
|
|
| M0.2 I0.2 Q1.0 Q1.1
|-----| |-----| |-----|/|--------(S)
|
|
| I0.3 Q1.0
|-----| |------------------------(R)
| |
| I0.2 |
|-----| |-----
|
|
| I0.4 Q1.1
|-----| |------------------------(R)
| |
| I0.1 |
|-----| |-----

Last edited:
You can find an example of how the program could look in the download section on this site.

Remember, by cheating you're only cheating yourself, or whatever my teachers used to say...

The policy around here is that we'll help with homework -- we don't do it for you.

If you have specific questions, ask them. Post what you already have. When you get stumped, we can help. Don't ask us to do it for you because you won't learn it if we do.

Don't come asking for help until you at least have a flow chart or process flow or something that outlines what you want to do. That's always the first step in any automation project.

PAP's post is an old message that has been previously answered, back in February.

Stenkil,
Your program is a good example of an alternator circuit, but not exaclty what was requested by the instructions in Logixpro Exercise 4. I would give you an "A" for effort, but an "F" for not following directions.

In programming, it is as important to learn how to follow customer specifications exactly, as it is to learn different techniques.

Last edited:
Lancie1 is correct,If you ever program for GM you had better do it there way,you won,t get an F but they won't honour the contract until you do.