Anyone use iFix with AutomationDirect DL405?

tgreif

I have a client with a number of older TI-405 and newer DL-405 plcs being used as RTUs in a water distribution system. They communicate via leased line modems with a Siemens 505 base (Siemens 545 cpu) through a communications co-processor that is no longer made. The co-processor is basically an industrial 386 computer running an old DOS application to talk to the remote plcs.

Anyway, they want to eliminate the head end co-processor and get the remote data back through radio. I'd like to see them move to an ethernet communications platform for the radio system and the DL-405 will support that. However, I don't know anyone using a DL405 with iFix (GE Proficy - used to be Intellution) also on an ethernet platform. I know I can talk to the DL405 using serial DirectNet, but I want to steer them away from serial over to ethernet. Sorry if this is rambling. Any advice would be appreciated.