Process Window Software

mattfish

Is anybody familiar with Total Control Products "Process Window" software? It is an older program, the company was bought out and is no longer around. I am trying to upgrade our HMI into Wonderware, the problem is the key/dongle I have ( it is a Rainbow Technologies Sentinel Superpro key ) for Process Window no longer works, and is required to access the plc addresses in the existing Process Window program. Without it I am essentially reverse engineering the program which is a pain in the you know what. Does anybody know how to get a new key, or get it repaired, or do something else to make my life easier??

Just throwing it out there, but would there be anyway you could connect using quickdesigner used for a current total control product?? I recently uploaded a program from an older version of HMI before it was total control, can't remember the @#!& name. Anyways, used the cable for a new quickpanel, quickdesigner and just connected.

I am not too familiar with quickdesigner...I am somewhat new to this. So if I understand correctly you think I could copy the old program into quickdesigner, and from there get the info I need?? What exactly would you like a picture of? Thanks.

I tried Rainbow technogies, they only supply blank keys to software manufactures who then program them , I updated the driver from their website and that still did not help. I spent a good time on the phone today with GE Fanuc who apparently took over Process Window and so far they have not been able to help, they have not given up yet but at this point they are not sure what to do.

Does it look anything similar to this:

quickp.JPG

Last edited:
FWIW, that's a PC-based package - That Advantech is a panel-pc. The QuickPanel software isn't going to be any help.

It looks like that product might be Taylor now. When I google Total Control Products "Process Window", I find several links to integrators that offer (or offered?) it as an option, as well as a link to a company that ~might~ still have it to sell???

Do you have a documented copy of the PLC program? If so, that's really all you should need, anyway...

If your www.endlessvisions.com doens't workout....

This Process Windows Software is now "owned" by GE Fanuc. They have enhanced this Software and market it under a new name, Proficy Machine Edition VIEW. (PME)

The PME can import most Process Window Applications that are Version 2.xx.

GE Fanuc can also help with your existing hardware key..

Goodluck...

I am using Proficy which displays all the ladder logic for me, but I still have to hunt down which rung correlates to the actual button on the touchscreen, which is not that easy ( for me at least ) and takes some time. If the dongle works I can put my cursor over a button on the old touchscreen and it will tell me the address, what type of button it is, etc., so I can just make a new button on the new touchscreen and label it accordingly, no hunting required.

So I am hoping endless visions come thru, they sounded confident.
And I tried for days talking to GE Fanuc, they were no help.
Thanks for the suggestion.