Mitsubishi A2NCPU and OP170B connection

userxyz

We tried to connect a Mitsubishi A2NCPU to an OP170B from Siemens with the RS422 serial interface, but without succes.

Here you can see how we configured the OP170B:
imaopa2.JPG

We made a TAG D100 (integer) and setted it in the mitsubishi with the value 546, so we expect to see this on the OP170B, but we only see ######, so we have no connection, we think.

Connection on RS422 (mitsubishi side):
SDA on pin 9
SDB on pin 4
RDA on pin 8
RDB on pin 3
SG on pin 5

Any help would be great

Thanks in forward,

Kind Regards,

Combo

Combo.
I do not know anything about your HMI but I have used the Mitsubishi RS422 cards many times without problems. My first thought is that you may need to link the RTS and CTS pins at the HMI. This is quite common with RS422 ports.
Andybr

Combo
The other things I would check are:-
The Cable - Is SDA on the HMI connected to RDA on the PLC etc.
Are terminating resistors fitted.
Are all of the switches on the PLC module set correctly.
If the PLC module has both an RS232 port and an RS422 port do you have the correct port selected.
Andybr

=>>>>

Terminating resistors, are they needed for a distance of 1 meter and in a testproject ?

I am checking the other things.

Andybr said:
Combo
The other things I would check are:-
The Cable - Is SDA on the HMI connected to RDA on the PLC etc.
Are terminating resistors fitted.
Are all of the switches on the PLC module set correctly.
If the PLC module has both an RS232 port and an RS422 port do you have the correct port selected.
Andybr

At 9600 baud and 1 m, you dont need termination resistors.

On the back of the OP170B panel, there is a small DIP switch selector, to select DP/MPI/PPI or RS422/485. Default is DP/MPI/PPI, did you remember to change these ?

Rs232

Now we are trying RS232:

RS232.JPG

Mitsubishi -> OP170B
SD connected to RD RxD
RD connected to SD TxD
RS and CS short on both sides RTS and CTS
SG connected to SG GND

We can see that the read led is blinking once the OP170B is fully booted. So the OP170B sends data to the PLC, but the PLS doesn't send anything,

Any tips ?