1746-NO4I voltage ability?

Hey all. Ive been asked to use a slc NO4I current output to drive a pneumatic valve actuator. The actuator only has a 4 - 20 input on it, and draws it operating power from the current loop. It states it needs 5V to operate. Does anyone know if the NO4I output can supply this level of voltage on the output, or am I going to need to do something like wire a DC supply in series with it? Thanks

matt

Do you have a part#/manufacturer for the actuator? The load range for the NO4I is 500 Ohms. I seriously doubt the acutator uses the loop power to actually move the valve. The module will power the loop, but not the actuator itself.

OK I guess I didn't think about the application enough. I had never seen the type of actuator you are talking about but after a little research it looks like you are correct. The NO4I will use 24VDC to drive the loop.

Looks like you should be fine. The manual says "at least" 5 volts. As long as your wire run isn't rediculous (like a mile haha) it will work.