1756-EWEB and FTP

jpaulino

Hi all,

I'm using the 1756-EWEB card to receive a FTP message (with string) and I use a computer service to read the ftp file from the EWEB card and update my clx tags using the Data View.

Is it possible to read directly from the controllogix the files or is it possible to improve my process. The problem is that I depend of a computer to update my tag buffer.

Tanks in advance
Jorge

Ps: Just another question: What's the best way to send change information between clx and s7 (siemens) ?

There is no way to get file out of EWEB's file system to controller. This functionality simply does not exists.

What you can do is to write FTP server within logix controller using EWEB's open socket interface (you will have to disable internal FTP server or use port other than 21)

I have this FTP program (about 75% done), but I can't release it until small issue with socket close will be fixed in firmware.
With current firmware it can use passive FTP mode only.

You can also use open socket interface to communicate with Siemens, but you will have to write your own Siemens protocol inside logix program.

Bottom line: SST card probably better solution