RSViewSE Alarm

Greg Dake

Greetings,

I'm having an issue getting digital alarms to trigger in RSViewSE. Just for a test I have two tags setup, specified as alarms. The first tag is an analog tag, which I can get to trigger just fine. It seems pretty straightforward. The second tag I have setup as digital and won't trigger. Both tags are pointed to the same PLC. When I trigger the bit in the PLC to trip the digital tag, I have no alarm in my alarm summary in my project and also there is no alarm in the alarm log viewer. It's almost like it's an addressing issue, but I was able to browse to the address in the PLC.

Are digital tags somehow addressed differently? Any other ideas? I've read the entire "creating alarms" chapter in the manual, everything is pretty basic which makes me think it's an addressing issue....Again, I can get the analog tag to work just fine.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

I am not sure what is going on without seeing your screens.

If you suspect it to be an adressing issue, you should put a button on the screen (a much simpler object to work with) that writes to this same digital tag to see if that works. If it works, then you know there is something funky with your alarm setup and not an addressing issue.

The best thing to do to get familiar with alarms in RSView would be to create digital and analog tags in the TagEditor that are in the application memory (rather than a controller) and manipulate these bits with toggle buttons to see how the alarming works.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Can you display the value of the digital tag on a screen? It's just a hunch, but I think you might have the data type configured wrong.

Show it on a screen to check that it displays as 0 or 1 properly. If it wire frames, something is wrong with your topic/tag configuration.