Siemens and PCIN

vicmongar

Hi!

I'm from Mexico and I've just suscribed to this forum... I think it's great to have a place to exchange information about this amazing world of PLCs, don't you think?

I'd like to know if someone has worked with the SINUMERIK system from Siemens... Where I work, we use a lot of Numeric Control Systems. As far as I know, to make a backup from a SINUMERIK system it's necessary to use a software named PCIN... I'd like to know if this software works on Win 2K... Otherwise, can I use the Hyperterminal package that is included in Win2K?

I hope someone can solve this doubts...

Thank you very much and good luck!

Regards from Mexico

BTW, sorry about my English... Sometimes I'm going to write not as good as I should.. jejeje :)

Hi,

What type of operating panels do u use on Sinumerik?
If u have MMC103 then the problem can be solved in many ways, not necessarily with PCIN. You could enter in Windows Service Mode and do the link, or earlier, in the boot phase, directly from "PC link" menu.
But, to have this (PC link) working you should have interlnk installed on your Laptop or PC, where you would save the data. Also, this is working with serial cable only!
If u have older models of operating panels, then u should try to use PCIN.
Not tested on w2k, but there shouldn't be any problem, should be?

Regards,
gica2002