Imc-110

Sandrail

Does anyone know of a way to transfer a program from one allen bradley IMC-110 (1747-HS) to another?

I am having trouble with one of these motion cards and was told to purchase the 1747-PT1 hand held programmer. After purchasing the 1747-PT1, I have since learned that the PT1 is ONLY used to set the parameters or to modify an existing program. I have checked my existing software RSL 5, 500, 5000 and have concluded that none of these progs. support the IMC 110.

I believe that what is needed is somthing called 8100-HS (which AB no longer supports) and some sort of adapter called a 1747-PIC. Can anyone confirm before I have to waste more time and money. Is there another Windows based program that can accomplish this?

Last edited:
I doubt that you will find any windows software to support that ancient relic.
If you read the first document in Paul's post, you'll see that if you had the DOS s/w, you would have to run it on a PC with a 386 or earlier CPU.

The ODS (odious?) s/w created two files for download. The AMP fle which contained axis configuration data, and the compiled MML file which contained the application code. MML was vaguely similar to Pascal.

The one time I had to work with one of these (about 15 years ago), I was very fortunate to have an add-on .dll file for GML which allowed programming the application in GML and produced the MML file for the ODS s/w. I also had a DOS emulator program for the HHT. Both obtained from the helpful guys in Lebanon, NH.

By the way, the 1747-PT1 HHT is the same device originally used for programming the SLC, but with a different overlay for the membrane keypad.