Micrologix1100 from Logix5000

Garry

Is it possible to read data from a micrologix processor into a logix5000 plc using MSG.What path format and configuration would I need to configure.

Hi Garry

Yes it's possible.

On the Controllogix end you must "Map PLC/SLC Messages". This takes the Controllogix tag format, MyInteger, and turns it into a format the Micrologix can understand, N7.

Then on the Micrologix you will use a Message (MSG) instruction, a 500CPU Read.

From there we need the details of what module and port you are going to communicate with the Controllogix with to give you the details for channel and path.

TW

copied and pasted out of one of my projects:

ENET_PROCESS_NETWORK, 2, 192.168.2.8

where ENET_PROCESS_NETWORK is my network card name, and 192.168.2.8 is the IP of the micro