Step7 - where can I check the GSD data for a Profibus DP slave

RMA

After having to load a two year old backup in order to get a working HW-Config / System database, I've now finished up with a non-working Beckhoff DP-terminal slave. As far as I can see in the properties box all the details are identical.

Is there somwhere where I can check whether or not the GSD info is identical. We've tried swapping the H/W to no avail, so I'm wondering if I might have an out-of-date version of the GSD file.

Problem solved - in checking that the configuration of the old and new HW-Config were the same, I didn't notice that one extra group of digital inputs had been added since the original version. Having added that the DP communication started working OK.

Similar Topics

I am now gettign closer to what I hope to be the end of this project. The last bit to tackle involves a couple basic issues. 1) I have oil being...
Replies
Views
I'm involved in troubleshooting a production line at present and it turns out that the data being sent to the data logging/statistics PC is...
Replies
Views
I can't find a option to make my 151-7 configuration connect to the MPI network in Netpro. It shows a Profibus DP at 3, but I can't connect the...
Replies
Views
I couldn't find the Step7 micro/win manual at the Siemens site. Is it free for downlaod and where can i get it, or I've to pay for it. There is a...
Replies
Views
This is the first time I am working with Simatic Manager Step7 as I started my siemens journey with TIA which is pretty easy and do a lot of stuff...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom