1771-IR RTD Module

Craig0002

Hi all!

I have a quick question. I am trying to install this 1771-IR RTD module in a rack with a PLC5/25 processor. This I/O card is not the 1771-IR/D. The one I have is the old model. I can get the card working (the status light is green) but I am having great difficulties calibrating it. I do get some communication from/to the processor as I can see some of the BTR and BTW's changing. Looking through the user manual on the 1771-IR I find it only list PLC2 and PLC3 that it is compatible with. My question is is this card compatible with the PLC5 Processor?

Any suggestions anyone might have would be greatly appreciated!

Yes the PLC-5 will work with the module.

Program the PLC-5 just as you would a PLC-3, with the following two exceptions.

1.) Use the ENABLE bits instead of DONE bits in the rung conditions.

2.) You MUST use a separate control file for each Block Transfer instruction.

Hope this helps
Roger