SLC 5 to PLC 5 conversion

wa5yom

I have a SLC5/04 program that I need to convert to PLC 5...

Is there software for that?

If you have done this before, how did you approach the conversion?

Thanks,

Tim

I haven't seen that conversion though it may exist. Only once have I had to do that and I unleashed a student to do the conversion by hand. The gotcha's are the I/O addressing (SLC is decimal and PLC-5 is octal) and any special instructions (block transfers, etc),

I did one of those many years ago on a fairly large program. I don't remember exactly how I went about it, but I created symbols for everything and then saved the program without the addressing, as symbols only (library file maybe?...can't remember exactly...).

Then, using db ascii export/import, I was able to assign those symbols all new addresses in the PLC5. Then when I copied and pasted the logic, the addressing was already done.

That would be a waste of time on a small program but it's worthwhile on a large one.

You'll need to search and replace your OSR instructions with ONS.

There are a handful of other instructions that either work differently or are incompatible...Maybe Ron B. will help out with more details on that...