Windows XP 32 bit and 64 bit, STEP 7

userxyz

Hey,

I received my new PC @ work.

What should I install:

Win XP 32 or 64 bit ?

The IT are telling me that 64bit is good, but they are not sure that it will be compatible with the CP5611 card that we would put in a PCI slot. We need a 64 bit driver I guess,

Any suggestions ?

I suggest never try to install Siemens SW and HW to new OS before official release about compatibility from Siemens. Siemens SW change a lot of Windows components. If you installed Siemens, you have not Windows but Sindows on your PC.:)

hey

Wel I've tested it and can TELL U !!!

SIEMENS IS TOTALLY INTEGRATED NOT COMPATIBLE AUTOMATION WITH 64bit OPERATING SYSTEMS !!!!

Unpossible to install step7 v5.4.
5.3 could be installed with to many errors to trust the software.
PDM didn't work either,
and so on...

SO DON'T TRY TO INSTALL ON A 64bit operating system now !!